how many litres in 20 gallon

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
still worried about putting too much salt in my aquarium for the injured pleco. can someone please say how many tablespoons in 20 gallons. us lazy Americans never switched to metric. personally my worst subject was math 😬

than you. i did get an amount of 75 and thought i had made a mistake. so 4-5 heaping tablespoons X75? another forum member recommended 4-5 tablespoons per litre. that sounds like so much.
also i read cory cats don’t tolerate salt. i have 4 of those. i’m doing water changes and will think about salt. i’m afraid i will put too much in. thanks again.

There is also a calculator on here which converts between litres, American gallons and Imperial gallons (and other things as well)

Colin_T's sticky in the Emergency section says to use 1 heaped tablespoon salt in 20 litres water. So you need 3.8 heaped tablespoons in 20 gallons water. But that's for 20 gallons water not in a 20 gallon tank. Don't forget some of the space in the tank is taken up with substrate. decor etc so it won't hold 20 gallons water.

Some fish can tolerate more salt than others, and the higher dose rate is for fish such as livebearers, goldfish etc.

still worried about putting too much salt in my aquarium for the injured pleco. can someone please say how many tablespoons in 20 gallons. us lazy Americans never switched to metric. personally my worst subject was math 😬
Be careful with Pleco and salt. They don't like the salt at all as far as I know.

Maybe better try asking Colin_T directly

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

If you have big rocks or driftwood in the tank, remove these so you get a more accurate water volume.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.
You can use a permanent marker to draw a line on the tank at the water level and put down how many litres are in the tank at that level.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

If you have big rocks or driftwood in the tank, remove these so you get a more accurate water volume.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.
You can use a permanent marker to draw a line on the tank at the water level and put down how many litres are in the tank at that level.
thanks Colin.

Be careful with Pleco and salt. They don't like the salt at all as far as I know.

Maybe better try asking Colin_T directly
yes- i’ve read that. he looks a little better and is acting normally. for now i am doing extra water changes. thanks.

Hi :) 75 liters nominal capacity.
ok- the amount of salt for that seems a lot to me- only because i don’t have much luck cooking either. somehow i make a mistake and the food tastes less than good.
also i have shaky hands- meds, age related- ughhh

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back