How Many Guppies In A 60 Litre Tank?

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK, so my 60 litre isn't even cycled yet, and I am already looking for a 4ft tank to accommodate my pleco.... but I am planning ahead already! I am thinking leaving my 6 guppies in the 60 litre when I move the others. I guess I will also keep my 3 neon tetras in with them, and will also be buying a small plec or similar to eat algae. Now how many more guppies could I happily fit into this tank without overstocking it? They are so funny to watch and i really like the idea of having mainly guppies in this tank!

It depends on the sexes of the Guppies you already have; if you have males and females then you should be well stocked very quickly (depending on the amount of predation of each batch). Do you know what you'll be doing with the fry?. It's always best to find out well in advance whether your LFS will take the offspring when they're a sellable size, rather than be stuck with an ever-increasing tank load.

In a 60 litre tank, you can put 15-20 in with weekly water changes and a good filter :)

wooo that was the kind of answer I was hoping for! :) thank you

I would stck around th 15 mark though if i was you and see how it all goes, dont add all at once either, maybe add 3 then wait 3-5 days beofre adding another 3, and so til u reach the amount :)

If u want to breed them i woul recommend 1 male and 2 females because u will soon get babies. If u want to get then not for breeding u can get 8 guppies but all males.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back