How many gouramis in one tank? MOONLITE FISH

Moonlights get to 6" easily. Due to this size and the fact that males can be aggressive/territorial, I would personaly only keep one for a community. Otherwise, you could keep a trio quite comfortably provided there aren't too many other fish - particularly inhabiting the upper water layers - and they have plenty of cover. By trio I mean a single male with 2 females. If you have 2 males (or more), you are asking for trouble - especialy in a tank with limmited upper layer territory space; such as a 30 gallon. Males can quite easily be distinguished by their longer and more pointed dorsal fin. The females are also wider, when viewed from above, and deeper-bodied. When in breeding condition, males have distinctly more orange ventral fins than those of the female which remain yellow.

Hi STEVIE00 :)

Moonlight gouramis are graceful and lovely fish. I haven't seen them around my way for several years now, and they are missed. :(

They can be timid and especially like planted tanks. If you want to keep a larger group of them, try getting all females since they are more peaceful as the males and quite lovely as well. :)

Most reactions

Back