FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How many tanks do you have?

• Total voters
30 gallon community
5 gallon - male betta
5 gallon - male betta
10 gallon divided with two female bettas

Already planning on a 40 gallon breeder. I just love the dimensions for aquascaping. :)

8 tanks:
53gal blackwater tank
53gal overstocked tank
20gal Iwagumi scape tank
20gal will be clownfish tank
10gal Qt tank with elodea #1
5gal Qt tank with elodea #2
2.5gal blackwater betta tank with water lettuce
2.5gal still don’t know what to add but already cycled.

I had to go to the ER because of MTS. My mom got so concerned. The doctor told me only cure was MFD (Multiple fish dying) but since I take good care of my fish thats unlikely. I will suffer with this disorder for the rest of my life. I take my diagnosis with a heavy heart

I'm on three tanks that are my own and one I look after for my mother-in-law.

Its like an addiction! I'm already rearranging the room to fit more tanks in 🤣

55 gallon tank
10 gallon tank
100 gallon pool.

Already too much for me to properly keep up with. No more definitely.

Just curious, for those of you with over 10 tanks, are you raising fish for some sort of commercial purpose, or are there people out there that like fish so much that they essentially have a full time job looking after them. I may add one, maybe two, more tanks but I cannot see going much more than that, right now I am spending about 10 to 30 minutes on daily maintenance and three additional hours weekly for water, glass, and filter maintenance. I can skip some of the daily maintenance, but if I skip a weekly maintenance things can get out of hand quickly.

Just curious, for those of you with over 10 tanks, are you raising fish for some sort of commercial purpose, or are there people out there that like fish so much that they essentially have a full time job looking after them. I may add one, maybe two, more tanks but I cannot see going much more than that, right now I am spending about 10 to 30 minutes on daily maintenance and three additional hours weekly for water, glass, and filter maintenance. I can skip some of the daily maintenance, but if I skip a weekly maintenance things can get out of hand quickly.
The reason that people keep over 10 tanks can be very diverse.
I keep multiple tanks because I have to offer a lot of space to all the different kinds of livebearers I'm keeping and breeding. Partially, for commercial purposes. But that's not my first goal. I do keep and breed mostly rare fancy and wild livebearers. I love to observe them and compare the differences between wild and aquarium strains. And write articles about them. But I also contribute to a project to preserve specific wild livebearer species which can be released again in waters where they are endangeroud. And I also keep and breed them to preserve them for the aquaristic scene. For a reasonable number of them are hard to get your hands on. And people like me like to avoid that they'll be dissappearing from the aquarium scene. But also zoos or research labs can contact me, if they're looking for wild species.

And regarding to the maintenance... It's more a matter of having those tanks in a good balance. That will keep the maintenance down. I really don't have work for 24/7 when it comes to maintenance. There's still sufficient time left for a social life.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back