How Many Cardinals ?

jimmyringo

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
300
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derry,Ireland
Hi,
my tank size and stock is in my sig below.
I'm considering moving my rasboras into a relatives tank,so that i can increase my number of cardinals.If i take out all the rasboras ,how many cardinals would you recommend in total.The ones i have in there are very big now but any new additions will prob be quite small in comaparison.I'm also hoping to increase my cories at some stage.Scared of overstocking?
So,how many cardinals for now?? and how many cories in the future ?
Thanks
Jimmyringo
 
I'd increase the cardinals to a shoal of 10...once you've removed the Rasboras of course.
 
I'd say that you would be fine to increase your shoal of Cories by another group of 3 possibly more depending on your filter.
 
yeah.i have a good Eheim 2213.Its rated for up to 250 litres and my tanks only about 140litres so i should get away with a few more.Its a good mature filter too(been running a couple of years with no probs) :D
 
Actually ,would i have enough room to keep the 6 Rasboras ,and add another 6 Cardinals as it stands?That would make my stock :

1 Pearl Gourami
10 cardinal Tetras
6 red-Tailed Rasboras
3 Bronze Cory
3 Albino Cory

in a 30uk gal tank with an Eheim 2213 filter.How does that sound.And could i add a couple more corys later or am i pushing it now ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top