How long has this fish been trapped in my plants??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

EmilyS

Reaction score
My threadfin rainbowfish are extremely skiddish, and apparently when they get scared they nose dive so deep into my valisneria that they get stuck and can't get out.

I lost (they literally disappeared) one fish a week or two ago, one fish two and a half days ago, and one fish just today a couple of hours ago. All three disappearances happened during tank maintenance. In my valisneria, I have found one very dead fish with no fins or head, and one fish that is barely alive.

I need to know if the fish that is barely alive is from two days ago or from today so I can weigh the pros and cons of different treatments. I also need to know if I should continue looking for the third fish if there is a chance that it is still alive.

The fish in question is laying on his side or back. I can catch him by hand easily and his back fin is half rotted with a hole in it.

The other creatures in the tank are ottos, corydoras, and snails. The two fish were so stuck in the valisneria that I don't think the corys or the snails had access to them. There were no snails on either fish when I found them, either.

Well, when most fish get stuck in plants and they can not get out of it, they'll mostly get wild but that makes it in general more worse. For they get more and more stuck. But if they can't get out of this situation, they won't be able to breath anymore. They're lacking oxygen and that "can" lead to their deaths.

Healthy fish in proper conditions normally don't get stuck in plants...is the tank cycled?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back