How Long Do Platys Live?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

newfishy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I had 4 platys in my 29 gallon, also stocked with two mollys, 5 gold tetra, two yoyo loachs and I think 4 corys. water is 50% or more changed bi weekly. levels are all good. tank has been set up over a year. nothing new introduced in 4 months. feeding is once per day.

anyways my oldest platys are slowly dieing off, no signs or symptions, just one has been dieing every month or so. now they were 2-2.5 inches when I them bought a year ago so they were full grown then. could they simply be dieing of old age?

18 months to 2 years is a good age. Have seen some goto 3 years plus though.
to get them to that size take 6-10 months

I also have a three year old... she's thinner than she used to be and blind in one eye, but she's doing great otherwise. I luv her... prettiest fish I have ever owned. I know somebody who had a four and a half year old guppy, but that doesn't happen often, its kind of like seeing a 115-year-old human, it happens but it's rare.

I have had many live at least 3 years, not long enough IMO. I love my livebearers unlike some people around here. (SmegForBrains)

so it probebly is just old age taking them.

mine dont give me any fry, well any fry that live for more then a few mins lol. the only ones that have ever lived are 2 I saved for my twins dd, and 1 swimming around the tank now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back