How Hyper Are Your Otos?

Super Dude

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Points
0
my new ones are crazy. they are really small, though. they are also in with active zebra danios. will they settle down over time or with maturity?

also, should i feed them their algae wafers in the morning or evening?
 
my new ones are crazy. they are really small, though. they are also in with active zebra danios. will they settle down over time or with maturity?

Hey Super Dude.......I had a few otto's in the past and for the most part they just moved around on the glass sucking algae. Occasionally though, they would get a little active and swim pretty fast around the tank looking for a new spot. I would also think they are just a little skiddish from being in a new tank. I'm by no means an expert but this is just from personal experience.
 
yeah i was thinking the new tank thing too. they were pretty much what you described in the store. i think their first dark period tonight will calm them.
 
yeah i was thinking the new tank thing too. they were pretty much what you described in the store. i think their first dark period tonight will calm them.

Yep, that should calm them down a little bit. I'm definitely gonna get some more of those little guys...I loved them! How many did you get and how big is your tank?
 
i got 2 in a 10g.

when should i feed them?

i got 2 in a 10g.

what time should i feed them?
 
mine just live off the algae, i dont feed them anything, if i was to feed them i would do it in the evening
 

Most reactions

Back
Top