How Do You Get Up From An All Time Low?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
So it looks like I really have hit an all time low. A couple of weeks ago, I got some corydoras metae, one died a few hours after getting here, yesterday another died and today a different catastrophe. A lot of you may know I have a 95L tank, today the tank needed to be moved to get my flooring done, next thing I hear a crack and the water is pouring out the tank. Big crack diagonally up the back of the tank, we immediately start putting water into the buckets and had to move all my cories and my ram into my 64L fry tank :( after boohooing like a baby for about an hour I realised something needs to be done.
So how do you pick yourself up from something like this? It will be at least a week before I can buy a new tank. I have been on 2nd hand sites on facebook and gumtree and everything is always sold. What should I do in the meantime? The other 2 filters from the big tank are in the fry tank so there's 3 altogether. 
Just so fed up with the bad luck I have been having recently. Sorry if it sounds like a rant but I really just needed to "tell" someone before I just give it all up :( 

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that; it's awful losing fish when you don't know why and can't do anything about it, and cracked tanks are every fishkeepers worst nightmare.

Get yourself down to your local DIY place or supermarket and see if you can get a couple of plastic storage boxes. Then you can spread your fish and filters out a bit more. They don't look pretty, but better that than the serious overstocking you have to do, in these sorts of situations and they're usually quite cheap.

I have two or three that I keep for emergencies; I use them as hospital/quarantine tanks as well; if I had 'proper' tanks, I'd only find something to put in them!

Don't!
Wow, you weren't kidding, I thought I had the luck of a dead frog.
Well you just have to keep a stiff upper lip and all that garbage. When I look at the auction sites it's not sold, but priced as it were new from the factory.

That's absolutely terrible run of thing to happen :(, but good luck acquiring a new tank ASAP, but as suggested storage containers make great temp accommodation.

I know, I have just had a bad luck streak the last few weeks. I am away to pick up this tank, be back soon hopefully.

Awfully sorry to hear that!

Whatever you do, don't give up.

Best of luck with the new tank. Don't fret, take a deep breath and then get stuck back in. Your fish are better off with you than anyone!

Where abouts in the UK are you? I have a small tank you can have if your anywhere near Hull?

Wills

Thanks everyone for your support. I managed to to get an absolute steal, it's a bit shabby and the lid needs a coat of paint but I got it for £50. 

DSC02115_zpsff064e29.jpg

DSC02116_zps7e55a73b.jpg

38" long, 18" high and 12" width. Approx 140L.  Relieved :)

Cant really argue with that!! Wow great find :D

Wills

Thankyou :) it's a little scruffy but if it does the job then that's all that matters!

KirkyArcher said:
Flooring Looks Nice Too...

thanks-it wasn't worth this hassle though 
evilmad.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back