How Do You Clean Play Sand?

fifefish

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Fife, Scotland
I have purchased some play sand and I was wondering how I would go about cleaning it?..
Also will there be any change in water stats due to using sand?
 
I put mine into buckets and run the shower head in the buckets while i swirled the sand around with my hands,kept doing this until the water ran clear
 
Put some in a bowl and wash the same as you would for gravel, wont change your stats either.
 
Just be careful when pouring the water out as I had a nightmare doing a large clean with sand going down the sink. This can block pipes.
 
Bucket and then run a house and swish around every so often, another way is put it into an old pillow case and run a hose into it... both ways work equally well :)
 
:lol: My sink pipes and my drain outside are forever blocking due to gravel and stuff going down them, either from cleaning new gravel or from a too rigourous vaccing. Mr Muscle usually does the trick, or in the case of the outside drain, my hand pulling it all out - this is a smelly disgusting job too.

Bucket and then run a house and swish around every so often, another way is put it into an old pillow case and run a hose into it... both ways work equally well :)

Do houses run and swish hon :P
 
I've cleaned the sand now,
I'm thinking that I will use a liquid Co2 or small Atomiser with a pressurized system to provide the plants with Co2.
Do you think that will be okay instead of a bottom layer of fertile substrate...
 
:lol: My sink pipes and my drain outside are forever blocking due to gravel and stuff going down them, either from cleaning new gravel or from a too rigourous vaccing. Mr Muscle usually does the trick, or in the case of the outside drain, my hand pulling it all out - this is a smelly disgusting job too.

Bucket and then run a house and swish around every so often, another way is put it into an old pillow case and run a hose into it... both ways work equally well :)

Do houses run and swish hon :P


LOL :P, i wouldnt know i live in a flat pmsl :P...... anyways cheeky lol!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top