How Do I Know The Gender Of My Betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I don't have any bettas but I wanted to know how I could tell the difference between male and females. Pictures would help too.

Males generally have longer fins than females. Although there are some types of betta called Plakats that are specifically bred to have short fins. In regular pet shops they usually only sell long finned males as they are easy to identify and most wanted.

I don't have any bettas but I wanted to know how I could tell the difference between male and females. Pictures would help too.

You're confusing me now! In this thread you say you haven't got a betta, but in your other thread 10 mins ago you say you have????

Oh sorry I have no bettas. I might get one and I wanted to make sure that they don't fight. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Yeh, but you can see why there is confusion as you did say you had one in the other thread "I have a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter, gravel, and plastic plants. I have one betta in the tank and I wanted to get it a friend. What should I get it? I was thinking a mystery snail..."

I think people were a little confused.

Sorry. I didn't mean to cause any confusion. It was an accident. I'm only human......

Im wondering this to beause i wanted a female and bought one...came home and found out it was a male PK. I kept him anyways but he was in the female tank at the lfs!!!!!

It happens a lot at lfs's. Male PK's are easily mistaken for females. Every single lfs i have been too that has tanks of females, actually have a few males mixed up in there too. Check the fins of most the fish and you'll see a lot of damage to both males and females.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back