How do I get food to my Pleco

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mnccnm

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a 12 Pleco to go with my 4-1/2 to 5 Oscars. The Pleco has done an amazing job at cleaning the algae in the last couple of days. My question is does anyone have any tricks to getting food past the Oscars to the Pleco? I tried distracting them one side of the tank, and the food made it to bottom, but they just find it before the Pleco does. Any tricks?

Wait to drop food in after tank lights are out, maybe. Plecos are naturally more comfortable in the dark.

When I started out I am having this questions as well since I never seen pleco eat the sinking wafer and what not. But as times goes by they are doing just good.

You may not see pleco eat but they are always searching for food .. algae and such ... and no matter how small the food chumps are they do eat it .

My pleco almost reach full length now 11 inch plus right now so dont worry to much and enjoy the hobby .

I feed my Pleco at night, because he is more comfortable eating during that time.

If you drop the water/pellet in the water, he will find it - it’s only a matter of time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back