How did it happen

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Yesterday I found a baby snail in a tank ... a fry grow out tank in my kitchen. This tank was established with everything out of my main tank no worries done it before , no new plants wood rocks all from my tank .. with no snails .
How is it possible , I can’t show a photo as I was disgusted by the thing and smashed it into the kitchen floor
Any idea as where it’s come from ?

Yesterday I found a baby snail in a tank ... a fry grow out tank in my kitchen. This tank was established with everything out of my main tank no worries done it before , no new plants wood rocks all from my tank .. with no snails .
How is it possible , I can’t show a photo as I was disgusted by the thing and smashed it into the kitchen floor
Any idea as where it’s come from ?
It came from it's momma.

This could go on forever :rofl: has to be a non aquatic snail tho doesn’t it lol
Possibly non-aquatic...or it was an egg that took a very long time to hatch, maybe?

Possibly non-aquatic...or it was an egg that took a very long time to hatch, maybe?
I have no idea its just baffled me completely , if it happens again il refrain from crushing it until I’ve taken a photo

I wonder if it was a malasian trumpet snail? They can live in your substrate and you'll never see them unless you overfeed.

Wills

Are you a serial snail killer? You know that snails are beneficial especially in fry grow out tanks...right? :)
There not for me , slug with a shell lol and I see your point but rats are good for eco systems but i still kill them

I wonder if it was a malasian trumpet snail? They can live in your substrate and you'll never see them unless you overfeed.

Wills
Black shell that’s all I can say , I have been over feeding them as you do with fry but I put hardly any sand with them maybe a few gram

908FEF08-486B-4B36-AC54-14D1542D63A2.jpeg
Found another ... any ideas I know it’s tiny

Physid snail, commonly called pond snails, tadpole snails, bladder snails. See the first entry in this thread

Physid snail, commonly called pond snails, tadpole snails, bladder snails. See the first entry in this thread
I can see 3 more .. do you have any ideas how these have come about ! Can they come from the garden or definitely an aquatic addition

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back