How Deep Is Your Substrate?

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
As per title really LOL
How deep is your substrate and what are you using?

I'm begining to think mine is probably a little thin at around 1" of argos playsand
 
i have black gravel in one tank- its about 1 inch at front to 2-3 at rear

then sand in another tank- about 1.5 inch at front to 4 at rear

then in the biorb i have large pebbles to cover the bottom

:)

i would have 1.5 inch minimum really, but for planted tanks its better to have a bit deeper
 
i start with 3 inches of play sand to plant my plants in then it gradually as it settles it goes down to about 2-2.5 inches
 
55 gal 2" of playsand with some plant clay stuff on the bottom.I have more sand but was sick of cleaning it so I just settled for the 2"

36 gal 1" mid size gravel.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top