Hose Water

williamc

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I might be getting a 75g and I was wondering if it would be okay to fill it with the hose??
Because I cant even imagine how bad it would be filling it with 5 gallon buckets :no:
 
Hi,

So long as the hose is clean, it should be fine.

If the hose has been lying around the back garden for 5 years, i maybe wouldn't bother.

BTT
 
when i got my 566litre tank i dragged up the hose from down stairs in our communal building,,its a mighty long hose around 80ft long :crazy:
then filled up,hehe,,,,,now i use a 10litre bucket to empty and fill up, simply because maybe i would get caught one day by the maintainence office, shame cos that would all be free water for me :lol:
 
thanks becauae 75 gallons is alot of transporting water :nod:
 
Yes it is, i found coiled plastic hose at a local hardware store for twenty dollars. 50ft stretched out and it stores like a dream. I have been using it for months and its a breeze to fill up any of my tanks, since it stores nicely i keep under wmy sink.
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.

Sorry computer was lagging and I keep clicking the post button, I guess it just kept posting lol
 
Just incase yuu didn't get the message the first time around ;)

I've always used 'cold' water to fill my tank, and when you are only doing a 10, or 20% water change it doesn't affect it much, I just put some in, give the heater an hour or two to recover, then put the rest in. If you are doing it with a hose then I guess you could slowly 'trickle' it into the tank, just don't forget about it!
 
When you say hose are hooking it up to the kitchen sink? Or are you hooking it to an out side faucet. Inside would be fine as long as you got hot and cold water. Outside though you only have cold which would be way to cold for fish.
Wrong.

Provided the wter is mains water it will never be too cold for 20-30% water changes. I do up to 40% straight from the mains cold tap without any issues refilling 30 to 40 gallons in about 5 minutes. Everyone I know IRL that has large tanks uses a hose and the cold tap to fill up and that includes keepers of sensitive fish like rays.
 
My fish actually seem to 'appreciate' the cool water when I do a water change, they swim in and out and around the stream of water from the bucket, quite annoying actually as I have to be careful of the flow so as not to slam them into the decor! :P
 
well it will be from outside but there will be no fish because I have to cycle
 

Most reactions

Back
Top