Horrible Smell Once Fed

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
6,117
Reaction score
2
Points
36
Location
Derby
For the last week, there has been a Horrible smell coming from the tank. Smells like Eggs and Musty Damp.
Could not figure it out so was doing daily water change to make it go away.
Fed the Guppies before going to the midwife, and came back to the same smell. I now know what it is - Hikari Guppy.
Anyone else who uses this come across this smell before.
I am only feeding Hikari Guppy as have ran out of Hikari Micro pellets and waiting for more to arrive.
 
A rotten egg smell can mean bad bacteria in your tank.

A good gravel vac by removing ornaments, water changes.
http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/FishHealth/BattleBacteria.htm

I would throw the food away as it might be out of date.
 
HaH!!!... before even reading your post, I was going to ask if you feed any Hikari product... Somewhere in the archives, I have a topic along the same lines that feeding this (most expensive) food leaves an intollerable smell in my tank directly after feeding.

It went away when I stopped feeding Hikari to my Discus. (I never got a reply to my post to confirm, but now I have no doubt that it was that).
 
Thanks for the info Wilder.
LV it was def the Guppy Food, Normal Hikari Micro Pellets arrived this afternoon and No Smell after feeding. It is a Pity that the Hikari Guppy stinks so much with water contact, the Guppies and fry go mad for it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top