Honey Gouramis

Bigd5482

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Posted this in Gouramis section but haven't received any responses.

I have a 29 gallon tank (currently going through fish in cycling) this due that tank was given to me with fish already. In any case now in the tank is 2 black neon tetras (will be adding 3 more after cycling), 3 male fancy tail guppies and 3 females, a male and female german blue ram. Now I'm planning on what I'm going to add to it after the cycling is done.

Currently looking at :

3 more black neon tetras
Bristelnose catfish
5 cherry shrimp
and would like to add in 3 Honey Gouramis 1 male and 2 female so question is will these go ok with what is already in the tank and what I will be adding to it? I don't really plan on adding anything else to the tank after these except maybe a couple more guppies or a pair of platy's or mollies.
Go to the top of the pageReport Post


Edit Post
 
Guppys you need more females to males. It 3 females to one male.
 
I kept them with guppys but the gouramis can nip fins.
I nver had any luck with honey gouarmis mine all died.
 
I will give it a shot but am I right with adding 1 male and 2 female honey's? I've read up some on them and that seems to be the idea due to two males can get aggressive if not enough room in the tank and will avoid females from being harrassed too much.
 
Yes get two females to one male.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top