Honey Gourami

Tim13

New Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey, I have a honey gourami that is having problems eating. What he does is puts the food in his mouth and then just spits it right back out. He did this first when I tried Hikari mini wafers so I tried flakes and he does the same thing. It appears that he can only eat the smallest little pieces of food otherwise he spits it right back out. I have had him for a week now and my tank is fully cycled. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim
 
my honey gourami did this for the first couple of weeks when i got him but i dont know why.
 
most of the gouramis seem to do this - chew spit then chew - i think they like it softer - mine eat what ever i give them but do spit and chew unless its live or frozen foods
 
Agree Nothing to worry about, Mine did that with most foods.
 
i have never seen any fish whatsoever spit out live food!


... ... mine did that with hikari aswell ... itl get used to it dw
 

Most reactions

Back
Top