Honey Gourami

Jagtazman

New Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Halifax, West Yorkshire
I have a 70 litre community tank with 6 platys in a the moment and will be looking at adding more fish in the forthcoming weeks/months.
I love Honey Gouramis and was wondering if a pair would be fine or would I need 3 (1 male and 2 females)

Thanks in advance
 
I have a 70 litre community tank with 6 platys in a the moment and will be looking at adding more fish in the forthcoming weeks/months.
I love Honey Gouramis and was wondering if a pair would be fine or would I need 3 (1 male and 2 females)

Thanks in advance

Yes some Gouramis would be fine, best keep them as a trio though (1 Male 2 Female)
 
Hiya,

I'd agree with Andy, ideally they'd be best in a trio but watch out for signs of two pairing off.

Take care,
Jo
 
I have recently added 2 honey Gourami. How do I Sex them and encourage breeding?
 
I have recently added 2 honey Gourami. How do I Sex them and encourage breeding?


the males develop the blue chin and underneath them and are bright yellow with no markings across the middle of them.

the female is a silvery colour and has a light brown stripe across her.

also you can tell my the tip of the dorsal fin usually the males is pointed and the females is not.
 
Honey Gouramis, are great have always been a favorite fish of mine.
 
I have 2 very bright yellow fish so are probably both male but i will study them more closely tonight. they are very nice fish to have in the tank. My favs at the moment!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top