April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishy_Dan

Mostly New Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a little concerned about my honey gourami. They seem generally ok, still swimming and eating, but two of them have drained in colour and are a bit less active. They spend some time sat still on the sand. Occasionally, they do a stringy white poo, but not always they still do dark ones as well.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for helping

Dan

What are the water perimeters? Did you do or add anything that might stress them out? Make sure to look for any signs of illness.

Water parameters are unchanged (0; 0; 20-30ppm nitrate - tap is 30ppm).
I have a heavily planted tank and the plants weren't doing so well for a while, the salvinia started the die off. I've just started adding liquid ferts (half dose of seachem flourish) and the plants are responding. That wouldn't affect the fish though?
Do fish come in and out of mating season? The male has lost his blue belly, it's completely white now.

adding liquid ferts (half dose of seachem flourish
If you mean Seachem Flourish Compehensive Supplement, that should not cause problems for the fish. But if you mean Flourish Excel, that could well affect fish.

It's comprehensive, sorry should have clarified!

That's good.
Excel, like other liquid CO2 products, contain an ingredient which can harm fish, that's why I needed to check.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back