Honey gourami 26 gallon pond

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I know this is an old thread, but in my experience, I have never seen a fish more capable of jamming itself through roots and stems. They may look big broadside, but those little honeys are very thin and almost belligerent about going where it seems they couldn't. I regularly see them turning completely sideways and forcing themselves into every situation. Tight hair grass, dense stems, etc. -- "Challenge accepted!" seems to be the motto.

How is this project going if you are still following?
will they get stuck in the plants then? They are quite interesting!

The project is on pause since it's winter, and it did not go well last season sadly.
3 out of 5 ricefish went missing and the pair of honey gouramis I put in died. It was a new pond though. I will look into more plants for the tank and other stuff. the water went murky which is why I think the gouramis did not make it.
The old wild guppy pond is still thriving and I moved the guppies and 2 remaining ricefish to my indoor tank. They are quite plump now and I feel attatched to them so I don't think I'll make them the "pioneers" in the pond next spring
I'll have to re-design in spring.

I don't think they will get stuck. Mine will regularly jam themselves through dense dwarf hair grass and manage to push through every time. I've seen them turn completely sideways and go under and through some pretty dense foliage looking for critters

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back