Homemade Filter

howard2345

New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well I just realised how rubbish a juwel internal filter on the trigon 350 is. I changed from sponge filters to ceramics and its been about 2/3 months and they are still completely white whilst in my Aqua 1 quarantine they are brown. I noticed one of the reasons for this is that the pump and the grid to let water into the filter box is both at the top so water doesnt flow through the bottom half. How useless?

So anyway I have two left over box filters for the pond and I was just thinking they are small enough to put under the cabinet. So I was just wondering what I need to do. Is it as simple as pumping water to two boxes full of ceramic and some filter floss on the top to act as a mechanical filter? I have bits of stuff in it from the pond to make sure the water is spread about accordingly inside the box. I think I can put the carbon inside the tank at the top of the Juwel filter box as ill prob keep that running too.

Thanks in advance
 

Most reactions

Back
Top