Holland First

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Recent Belgian squads will go down in history alongside the Dutch of the 70s and Hungarians of the 50s as the games greatest underachievers.
I donā€™t know if their internal problems reflect the countries language split but thereā€™s something not been right within the camp for a long time.
A mate reckons they shouldā€™ve flung mad money at Jose for a month or soā€˜s work every other summer and had an assistant take care of the qualifiying. Weā€™ll never know.

I like the spread of the game into North America. In the school I taught in, a number of the best hockey players quit at 14 or so because the cost of playing the game would have bankrupted the parents. It has started down the road to being a class based sport.

One of my daughters was invited to try out for the national team in a sport she loved, and we were secretly very glad she didn't want to do it. She said she wanted to play for fun. Sport is a very expensive proposition with travel costs in our huge country. I worked with coaches who made a very good living out of the dreams of parents with money. They were a cynical bunch.

Soccer is a different proposition - the equipment is minimal, and it's better organized. The lower level coaching in Canada, at least where I was, is weak, but as more people have played, more knowledge is there to be shared.

Recent Belgian squads will go down in history alongside the Dutch of the 70s and Hungarians of the 50s as the games greatest underachievers.
I donā€™t know if their internal problems reflect the countries language split but thereā€™s something not been right within the camp for a long time.
A mate reckons they shouldā€™ve flung mad money at Jose for a month or soā€˜s work every other summer and had an assistant take care of the qualifiying. Weā€™ll never know.
Arrogance is the issue. 20 year olds earning millions, driving Bentleys, wearing watches of ā‚¬ 300.000,-- etc etc...

They've lost contact with real life.

That's good, since you seem to get beaten at the one the rest of the world plays!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I think they had to make their own game so that they could say they were the best at something haha

I still like American football better. And today is Sunday...that means I watch football!

We are just tougher and needed to play a mans game
šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€ American football is literally Rugby but for girls: yall need armor, helmets, teeth protectors šŸ™„šŸ™„ rudby is for men. No nothing. Just uniform. Americans stole our sport and named it with the same name as another of our sport. Ay ay ay šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€ American football is literally Rugby but for girls: yall need armor, helmets, teeth protectors šŸ™„šŸ™„ rudby is for men. No nothing. Just uniform. Americans stole our sport and named it with the same name as another of our sport. Ay ay ay šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø
I was just trying to get a rise out of you...I agree with you, to a degree. The athletes in the NFL, pads or not, are beasts of humans. If they were still playing American Football the way they did in the early stages (hardly any padding), every NFL player would be dead or in wheelchairs.

I played American style football badly, and got bruised a bit, but with the uncomfortable armour, not bad. Rugby, also badly played - I felt like a turkey about to be made into soup. That hurt. Soccer, the fitness issue was brutal, and the barely protected legs and shins - ouch. I don't like watching the diving for penalties, but you do get hurt. I don't like the showboating in the NFL either.
Hockey has skates as an advantage - but maybe it was learning and training too. You can transfer a lot of contact energy because you are on a slippy surface. It was the rough contact sport that hurt the most, but that I played the most so maybe that was it.

Let's be honest - the real man's sport is beer lifting and couch flopping, no matter what country you're in. We can talk mulm about male toughness, but childbirth???? Aye caramba. I've seen that and noooo.

Go Senegal!

Yah, nothing like watching your daughter laying on the rugger field with cracked ribs. Rougher than the boys I think.The kids tried baseball one summer but went back to soccer ....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back