The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And the color is Orange

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 18
Quarter final of the WC after beating the US. Argentina or Australia is next.

Game was well managed by the dutch🙂 got you in my sweep stake at work lol

I learned some soccer skills from a group of soccer players from the UK when I was younger... That was really fun.

I enjoyed that game. The US got farther than any regional competitor. We still have to raise our game in this corner of the planet.

The netherlands team? A nation with such dedicated aquarists, killiekeepers, Cory keepers, livebearer people as fans... yeah. I was sorry to see Cameroon, who have some of the best fish, lose out. Brazil is still there.

I support some teams due to the fish diversity of their countries. Sorry England...

Our sparsely populated hockey country made its second ever appearance and scored their first ever WC goal so not so unhappy overall....baby steps...
You’re cohosting the WC in four years time with the US and Mexico. Mrs Lurch and myself are considering coming over for it even if England don’t make it. We may also be at the woman’s WC in Australia and NZ next year.
Both your boys and the US have some very good young players who will hopefully kick on and improve. Davies is currently the best left back on the planet. Mexico failed to get out of the group stages for the first time ever iirc.
All three countries need to get as many of their players as possible playing in the big five leagues in Europe asap. The rest of the world already are and it’s why they’re rapidly catching up with the traditional European and South American champions.
Unfortunately for everyone else England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France are where the best in the game play and it’s where the rest need to be to become the best themselves. Plus the wages are better and travel broadens the mind.

I’m not blowing Europes trumpet here btw it’s just a fact. The England womens team recently crowned as European Champions wouldn’t have got to that standard without some of them and most of the previous generation going to play in the US where the best of the game was/is played.

I follow the Rode Duivels (Belgium)

<Brings out soapbox>

I am absolutely disgusted with Kevin De Bruyne cos he singlehandedly destroyed the cohesion within the team, played like an idiot and generally upset everyone

Lukaku should not have been in Qatar in the first place. He has a double tear in a hamstring that had absolutely zero chance of being sorted by the time the WC started.

Eden Hazard is just beyond all hope. His downward spiral in fitness and ability has no bounds.

I feel very bad for Martinez. He gets alot of bad press after his tenure at Everton flopped (that team have not been good for decades, so not his fault and certainly no better several managers later either). Martinez dragged what was a broken and misfiring group of players and made them a decent team. They may not have got past semi-final stage during his tenure as manager but at least they got better placings than they had before Martinez. The 6 years under Martinez were very good. The players had more chances to excel in those 6 years than they ever had beforehand. Those same players stuffed it right up this time around, not Martinez.

I suspect, and would hope, that Mertens, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Vertonghen, Witsel, Meunier, Alderwiereld, Courtois and (E) Hazard ALL retire from international football immediately. They let themselves down and they let their country down.

Having the WC mid season was always going to be a problem - injuries etc - but some of the teams have been dreadful...Belgium and Germany especially bad.

I am now hoping that Van Gaal's Holland can make it to the final cos they have fought hard all the way and shown utmost grinta and cohesion. They absolutely deserve to be in the final.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back