Holidays

jayde

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Points
0
im going abroad for 2 weeks and ive only just thought of the fish. feeding them is not a problem my inlaws will do it but what do i do about water changes??
 
do a water change the just befor you go and again once you have returned.

the tank shouls be fine unless you severely over stocked for 2 week's
 
Unless you're extremely overcrowded, they'll be fine..... I'll also suggest that you ask your inlaws to feed the normal quota only every 3rd or 4th day..... Your fish will be fine.
 
Unless you're extremely overcrowded, they'll be fine..... I'll also suggest that you ask your inlaws to feed the normal quota only every 3rd or 4th day..... Your fish will be fine.

Unless you're extremely overcrowded, they'll be fine..... I'll also suggest that you ask your inlaws to feed the normal quota only every 3rd or 4th day..... Your fish will be fine.

Personally I wouldn't ask anyone to feed my fish unless they were experienced fish-keepers, I go away sometimes for a month and my fish are o.k. I haven't lost any yet. As long as they are plump and healthy before you go away there will be no problem.
 
after just being away for 2 weeks i upped the feeding for 2 - 4 days before i went and as a treat gave bloodworm on the last night before
I cleaned the tank
just before i left i gave them a quick feed

I made sure I left the exact food out for my mum to pop in and feed again after 5-7 days

i advised a bloodworm treat at the same time and only left enough out for the 1 feed

i then fed them on my return after 2 weeks all fish were fine and i felt happier as i knew no other food was left out ensuring no overfeeding from a "helpfull" parent
 
I'd tend to go with them being fine with no help from anybody. Fish are amazingly good at conserving their energy as they may go without finding food in the wild for a long time. If you are having someone feed them though, I would recommend measuring out what you normally feed them and wrap daily parcels in tin foil for your parents to use. I also agree that unless you are overstocked you are fine for 2 weeks without a water change.
 
thanks guys. my inlaws no wot to feed them as they have done it before. ive only got 3 platy fry, 3 platys, 3 bronze corys, 2 zebra danios and 2 pearl danios in a 30lt tank and will the fish be ok wiv out the light being on for 2 weeks?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top