hmm...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gr8kingrat

Reaction score
I went to the pet store the other day and saw some liquid that claims to mature water "rapidly" .

Anyone know what i'm talking about? Does it work?

if you are talking about Cycle or similar product it is liquid bacteria and I have had good results with it. it helped keep my water parameters at non deadly levels during initial cycle of my tank and after my tank emergeny this morning ( floor is wet, sloosh, sloosh) I added some to th elaoner tank until I can get a new one in a few weeks. Oh yeah, welcome to our forum. there are great knowledgable people here that are very helpful. they have tough me alot in a short period of time B)

If you want/must mature a tank quickly the best way to do so is to transfer some fliter media and a couple of handfulls of gravel from a ready matured tank into yours,some lfs will help you with this or you could ask a friend with a already established tank.However this is still not a licence to just fill the tank with fish and they must be stocked a few at a time to allow the filter to keep up with the biological load.IME bottled bacteria products dont work and i would not waste my money on them.

CFC is right on the money with the established media for your tank. What I do on my filter is run an extra sponge and I cut them in half so when I go to start another I have a sponge ready to go. Gravel is another great way to go if you have it....lol I also used it before I switched to sand.

Les

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back