Hmm... flying fishie!!

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So I know this has happened to some of you, but, silly naive me, I was sure it would never happen to me... and guess what, of course it did!!

I was feeding the fish.. as usual.... top open to feed them... like usual. My sister was watching (thank God)... and all of a sudden there's a nice little splash. I was like hmm oh, guess a fishie made a little splash. Well.... he did... but not just any ol' splash. He thought he'd splash right out of the tank! :crazy:

My sister starts screamin, "FISH! FISH!!", and I'm like huh? Until I look down and realize one of my tiniest zebra danios is flopping around on the floor. So then of course it takes me a few to catch him since he gets amazing distance with those flops... :S I finally plopped him back in the tank and he seems to be doing fine, thankfully.

So for everyone who thinks "that won't happen to me" or "my fish aren't jumpers"... I thought the same thing, lol. :hyper: Now I know better... silly fish.. I think I'll name him Eagle... ;)

PW - That is one of the funniest posts I've read.. lol. :lol: Oh man... walking along on his fins, that must have been quite the sight to see. He must be workin on his evolving skills... :fun: Wow... wish I coulda seen it, lol, that's pretty darned funny... the "silly sausages" we own!! :p

:D it was funny.. well it wasnt at the time lol

took me about 5 minutes to pluck up the courage to pick him up and put him back in, he was kinda looking at me with evil eyes lol

Yes I had the same thing happen to me.

I have a school of harlequin rasboras and have had a few make the leap to freedom.

The first time, I didn't see him actually jump out and the next day I counted them and noticed one was missing and when I eventually found him he was a wee bit crispy.

After that I was weary of these little blighters, so I watch them closely now when I feed or clean my tank as I had another two jump out another day when I was feeding them, luckily this time I got them back into the tank in time.

I haven't had any other species jump out though only the harlequin rasboras, who apart from that are really hardy wee fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back