High-Quality Snail Photos Needed!

Assassin snail
PXL_20241016_062756535.webp
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20241016_062745309.webp
    PXL_20241016_062745309.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 146
  • PXL_20241016_062752650.webp
    PXL_20241016_062752650.webp
    108.6 KB · Views: 115
bigger ramshorn from my 90L
_DSC0237.webp

_DSC0235.webp
 
Something about this reminds me of a cartoon I saw one time, with a turtle passing a snail on the highway. The turtle is yelling, "Moron!" and the snail is yelling "Maniac!"
 
Here's an oddball. I found it as a hitchhiker once. Very unusual snail, could be mistaken as a baby trapdoor snail, but conical shape is stronger at the smaller size, and adult size is the size of a baby trapdoor.

Mud Bithynia
Bithynia tentaculata
original-24.webp

original-25.webp
 
Here's an oddball. I found it as a hitchhiker once. Very unusual snail, could be mistaken as a baby trapdoor snail, but conical shape is stronger at the smaller size, and adult size is the size of a baby trapdoor.

Mud Bithynia
Bithynia tentaculata
View attachment 352732
View attachment 352733
Very nice!! I probably need to add “mud snails” as a category to the ID thread, since I don’t think those are in there right now (unless I did add them and forgot…I’ve had the thought more than once in the past couple years lol). They were basically nonexistent as hitchhikers back when I first put the thread together. Still rare but more people are finding them now.
 
is there a longest snail 💩 contest on TFF?

IMG_4694.webp
IMG_4693.webp

Added 6 ramshorns to a new scape and they seem to be flourishing. Egg clusters are everywhere
 

Most reactions

Back
Top