Hi everyone !!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Paulabotty

Reaction score
Hi Iā€™m Paula had tropical community tank for a few years now.. always struggled with sexing my fish.. kribensis being my biggest problem right now..
Iv had fancy goldfish previously and loved having them.. now itā€™s a tropical..
I actually find tropical easier to care for as I only change a third of the tank every 10 days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi Paula! Welcome!!! Your angelfish are lovely, and what a nice school of tetras!!! What tank size do you have? Wow, that pleco under the piece of wood is stunning!

Hi Paula! Welcome!!! Your angelfish are lovely, and what a nice school of tetras!!! What tank size do you have? Wow, that pleco under the piece of wood is stunning!
Hi and thank you.. the tank is just under 200L I love the angel fish they are so graceful wish I could have more but I believe they donā€™t get along.. the pleco is massive isnā€™t he.. Iā€™m not keen on him I find him a bit of a beast.. heā€™s the boss in the tank..

Hi and thank you.. the tank is just under 200L I love the angel fish they are so graceful wish I could have more but I believe they donā€™t get along.. the pleco is massive isnā€™t he.. Iā€™m not keen on him I find him a bit of a beast.. heā€™s the boss in the tank..
Wow! My mom had angelfish when she was growing up, I am trying to convince her to let me have another tank just so I can get some! That pleco is massive, I bet he poops tons! I have a small bristlenose pleco, and oh wow have I noticed when it comes to cleaning!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Adult Kribensis are easy to sex. Females are smaller, have a pink belly and a round edge to the tail. Males are bigger and have a pointy tail.

You need a picture on the back of the tank to make the fish feel more secure.

You need some live plants in the tank, including floating plants to make the gouramis and tetras more comfortable.

You need to adjust your heater so the thermostat (at the cord end) is higher than the heating coil at the end of the glass. Try to have it on a 45 degree angle.

Wow! My mom had angelfish when she was growing up, I am trying to convince her to let me have another tank just so I can get some! That pleco is massive, I bet he poops tons! I have a small bristlenose pleco, and oh wow have I noticed when it comes to cleaning!
Your right he does poop loads lol... Iā€™m sure thatā€™s all he does eats and poops lol.. I wanted more Angelfish but they can be funny with each other so I settled on 2 and it works well in a community tank

What other fish do you have?

Adult Kribensis are easy to sex. Females are smaller, have a pink belly and a round edge to the tail. Males are bigger and have a pointy tail.

You need some live plants in the tank, including floating plants to make the gouramis and tetras more comfortable.

You need to adjust your heater so the thermostat (at the cord end) is higher than the heating coil at the end of the glass. Try to have it on a 45 degree angle.
Hi .. I do have live plants in the tank.. but no picture on the back.. hadnā€™t thought about plants that float.. Iā€™m quite minimal really as easier to keep clean.. my fish doesnā€™t get stressed and seem happy enough..
thanks for advice over the Kribensis Iā€™m still confused as there is 2 that are coupled up.. can females couple up together? Iā€™m not seeing any babies but the rest of tank would eat Iā€™m sure.. the Neons hover around at moment thatā€™s Iā€™m im convinced Iv one of each there.. thought she was laying eggs

Hi .. I do have live plants in the tank.. but no picture on the back.. hadnā€™t thought about plants that float.. Iā€™m quite minimal really as easier to keep clean.. my fish doesnā€™t get stressed and seem happy enough..
thanks for advice over the Kribensis Iā€™m still confused as there is 2 that are coupled up.. can females couple up together? Iā€™m not seeing any babies but the rest of tank would eat Iā€™m sure.. the Neons hover around at moment thatā€™s Iā€™m im convinced Iv one of each there.. thought she was laying eggs

So the heater shouldnā€™t be straight across the back? It needs to be on a 45degree angle.. why is that ? I didnā€™t know

Most reactions

trending

Back