Hi all!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Mash-

Reaction score
Not new to fishkeeping currently keeping a turtle named waffles. Have a 260 litre juwel waiting to be setup any advice? Ph is 7 kh is 5 and gh is 7.

Welcome :hi:

You have soft water so there are a lot of options you could have for your new tank.

Would advise you to have a look around your LFS and take pics of the one you like the look of and do a little research to see if they suit your water parameters.

SeriouslyFish website is a good site to base your research from.

Welcome :hi:

You have soft water so there are a lot of options you could have for your new tank.

Would advise you to have a look around your LFS and take pics of the one you like the look of and do a little research to see if they suit your water parameters.

SeriouslyFish website is a good site to base your research from.
Sounds like a good start, thank you! Iā€™m just wondering since Iā€™m considering carpeting with Java moss , whether Corydoras would have any problem with their barbs and finding food? Thinking of sand substrate.

Carpeting is a nice idea, just donā€™t do the whole tank base, maybe half or something and the other half a decent fine sand for cories, make sure you get a group of say at least 8 cories as they do best in groups.

There are some great aquascaping websites where you can take inspiration from and use some of those ideas. Google aquascape, click images and then see what comes up.

Not new to fishkeeping currently keeping a turtle named waffles. Have a 260 litre juwel waiting to be setup any advice? Ph is 7 kh is 5 and gh is 7.
Welcome to the forum. I came close to buying a turtle last week and decided to hold off
B7C85B5C-4A90-4530-9DB4-153D112E4272.jpeg

My 7 year old son want a common musk turtle tank, I have absolutely no idea on those type of set up at all tbh, so am holding off on that for now :lol:

My 7 year old son want a common musk turtle tank, I have absolutely no idea on those type of set up at all tbh, so am holding off on that for now :lol:
Turtles require tons of space but they grow real slow mines in a 120 litre but in 18 months Iā€™ll need a 400 litre!

Turtles require tons of space but they grow real slow mines in a 120 litre but in 18 months Iā€™ll need a 400 litre!
:blink:

Really? 400 litre tank, is that for musk turtles or all turtle in general?

Sorry if thats an obvious question but as you probably gathered, I have no clue on turtles or their tank requirements at all. :blush:

:blink:

Really? 400 litre tank, is that for musk turtles or all turtle in general?

Sorry if thats an obvious question but as you probably gathered, I have no clue on turtles or their tank requirements at all. :blush:
Not an obvious question at all I didnā€™t know til I asked. Itā€™s a Mary river turtle they are medium sized but I want to give him the best life :).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back