Hey

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love fishies

Reaction score
:) I just made my aqurium set up and have know idea wht are good fish to get in it. I only have a bulgy eyed black fish and a platy. I definitely need more ad wuold maybe want my fish to have babies. What should I get????? Please Help!!!!! :rolleyes:

Black Moor is the bulgy eyed black fish I take it? Those are coldwater fish, not generally compatible with Platys so you might want to consider taking one back.

What size tank? Do you have test kits to measure ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte and pH? How long has the aquarium been set up? What kind of substrate (gravel, sand, rocks, etc) and decorations do you have? What kind of filter? What water temperature?

:hi: to the forum.

Bulgy eyed fish is definitely a black moor if you bought it from a chain store. Not compatible with tropical fish and must be returned.

Research cycling first because you shouldn't add fish to a tank when you have no idea what the biological processes in the tank are. Ask questions in the beginner's section and you should get good answers.

As for babies, you are not ready for that. The best thing to do is to cycle the tank and get cheap, hardy fish to start off with. After a few months you should be able to try your hand at breeding.

Don't worry, a few weeks on this forum and you should be ready to fully cycle and begin adding stock.

Join our school.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Wow, thank's for telling me but What's wrong with the black moor being in their I don't understand...he seem's just fine.... hmmmmm..... Anyway, I have a ten gallon tank and I guess I will take the black fish out once I understand why... I as you can tell don't know much yet.....

Oh, yah I almost forgot to ask about the test kit thang..is it really neccessary?????

Black Moors produce a lot of waste like all Goldfish do. That waste is mostly ammonia and it will eventually kill the fish. 10 gallons is also too small of home for one. It's the equivalent of you living in a bathroom with a backed up toilet.

And yes the test kits are absolutely necessary to maintain the proper balance of an aquarium. When I first started out I didn't have them and ended up making mistakes left and right that could've been solved with simply knowing the conditions of the water.

Hi I love fishies :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I'll move your questions to other sections of the forum so that they will be seen by more members. You'll get more help that way. :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back