hey! :D

Xellos69

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello! I've been trying to find a good fish forum and this one looks alot better than the other ones I've registered at. I am the betta ranger. Kind of. I'm the store bought betta ranger that's considering breeding bettas.

But :( I'm moving off to college soon... there would be enough space for my 5 bettas but I doubt starting to breed them would be a good idea in a tiny dorm room.

For a year I've had betta fish but recently I've tried buying other types of fish.

I'm a complete noob with fish other than bettas(all i needed with bettas was a bowl really) ... I dont know how a filter works and other stuff with fish that acctually need to be taken care off. lol.

I bought a 2 gallon plastic tank and put a Bumble Bee Cory, a Golden Algae Eater and my oldest Betta in there. The cory up and died a month later, no idea why; but I would bet that the betta fish and the algae eater were both eating up all of the Cory's sinking wafer food. I took out the betta because the eater and him were having fights and put in a couple orandas. They all got sick, ich and anchor worm. I'm trying in vain to cure them but it doesn't look good :(.

I buy my fish at petco, and am beginning to question buying fish there (from the parasites)

My fish:
5 Bettas
-3 Multicolor Veil Tails
-1 Multicolor Crown Tail
-1 Clear Veil Tail
2 Sick :/ Orandas
1 Getting Sick Golden Algae Eater

Hi Xellos69 and welcome to the forum! I don't know what to suggest regarding your sick fish, except doing more frequent water changes and reading the pinned topics in the Beginner's section. Good luck and I hope your fish recover :thumbs:

hey im new to tropical but an exspert with goldfish. goldfish need ten gallons per goldish MIN and need huge amounts of filtration. this is a realy great site on goldfish www.kokosgoldfish.com its alot like this site but for goldies.

Hi there and welcome. Taking the bettas with you off to college? I had lots of fish with me at college - was my grounding point really. Best of luck to ya.

ALASKA

Hi Xellos69 :D

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Why not post your betta questions in the Betta and Gourami section. We have some members who are real betta experts there. :nod:

Most reactions

Back