Here we go again

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yep it was a pain, With all the daily water changes & cleaning aswell as the meds. Like you know im not in favour of any meds in fish keeping but it was the last resort for my old Corydoras. Was hoping the oldest (6 years old) would have made it through but sadly he was the first to go, My kids were gutted😕
Aaww mate, I'm sorry. For you and the kidlets. Vividly remember crying over lost pets as a kid (we had a lot of animals when I was growing up), but it also taught me a lot about the natural world, and that death and loss is unfortunately, a part of life. Hopefully the kids enjoy the new tank and cories, and get the same benefits from having animals in the family (even the hard parts) as I did.

Did you go with bronzes again? I wanna see the tank! :D

Yes always go for the Bronze, The kiddies are just fine now. They just used to always see the oldest male out all the time, He hardly ever rested. So they used to watch him cos he was a decent size. He did some odd things that i have yet to see these new ones do.

I like the Bronze i just like the strange things they do. So got myself the last 5 Bronze & last 2 Albinos out of the LFS, Around a month/ 6 weeks ago. Might round it up to 10 Corys by adding 3 more Albinos just to make it even with each colour. Didnt want to add anymore at the time for bioload purposes.
The guppy fry cycled the tank for me again for a few months after being born in there & i removed the parents back into the other tank. The guppy fry i left in there are now 4 months old & still in there, Just to add a bit of activity when the Bronze are resting. Tank is pretty much same layout as before except for more live plants & new sand. All the silk plants have gone now

Attachments

• 20210801_212000.jpg
    20210801_212000.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I've become aware that ever since a certain German received the original wild-caught Endlers, they've been repeatedly interbred with guppies. Pure-bred (relatively ! :D ) Endlers are still available, but apparently they're getting harder to find as more and more hobbyists interbreed and pass them into the LFS food chain.
Given their rate of reproduction, even your fishy Grandparents may have some Endler genes in their make-up.
Hmmm I thought suppose to not mix 😕

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back