More pics..
DSCF0168-1.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

Both of my bumble bee snails are atill alive :p

SCF0145.jpg

Also have a plauge of limpits... heres one of the babies with the pesky starfish :/

SCF0143.jpg

SCF0068.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

The beast... this monster is now getting a bit of a worry its huge when it comes out totally see full tank pics to get a better idea of his size :(
DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

SCF0103.jpg

SCF0093.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments, much appreciated . Actually i think it looks pants at the moment..lol Too much flippin hair algae for my liking. The hermits are slowly getting onto it , and ive also had the rock out once and scrubbed all the effected areas which helped slow it down.

Vinny the hawkfish... is a very moody but much loved part of the reef. He taunts me when ever I get the camera out by comming to the front of the tank and posing with his spikes up... only to fly off at lightning speed the second he sees the finger go down..lol meaning 90% of the shots of him are always blurs.
Big Blue the regal tang... Stomach with fins... what more can I say.. if its edible.. he will eat it... and if its not.. hell give it a good try anyway!!.. Hates the tank looking untidy... if I move small rocks, when i go back hes put them back in the same place... for ages I thought it was my hubby playing tricks on me, till I hid behind the sofa one day and caught him at it the fish that is and not the husband! ..lol Does it with shells, hermits and anything else he thinks is out of place. At 5.5" hes a good size and is happy in there at the mo... but if he gets much bigger I will have to see about finding him a new larger home. Shame but I dont want him being unhappy.

Long term plans....
Now im feeling better I will be doing large water changes over the next 2 weeks until the phosphate levels are nice and low. Ive got more clean up crew to buy as soon as ive done a few water changes .Planning about 100l at a time and as the water volume is currently just over 300l it shouldnt take too long to get things sorted. Once the water issue is sorted I will be getting a few more fish. Possibly a raccoon butterfly or maybe a longfin banner fish.. also a dwarf angel of some kind and a green and yellow clown goby. Plus need a new cleaner shrimp too.
PLanning on doing an all night vigil with a red light ... im going to bate some jars and see what I can catch. I just want to be sure that I dont have a huge crag in there somewhere :/
Then once all that is done.. i want to tweak the lighting a bit and once Im happy with everything I may get a few more soft corals... but no zoos as Ive had no luck with them what so ever. Ive learnt that best find out what suits your tank and water and stick to that. That way you dont throw good money after bad.

Nice to see so many new faces on here :p New peeps getting addicted like the rest of us..lol Have been reading the diarys with great interest :p

Sounds a good plan to me.

Love the sound of the Regal Tang, I love fishes with character be they fresh or salt water.

Have any plans for corals apart from no zoas and soft. Have to say I tried to stick to mainly soft but am having no luck with that whatsoever.

Good luck with the plans

See your still giving affectionate names to the fishies LL. :p
Keep going girl, I always love to read this thread. Thank goodness its up and running again
ATB
BigC

Welcome back LM, good to see you again :). Hair algae may be getting on your nerves, but at least your system's still healthy otherwise :).

2009 my last post .. seriously need to do an update. Tank still up and running..lol Amazing.. goes to prove that you do low tech and make it work :p Update Pics and vids later :p :hyper:

how what a journey you had in the beggining! but you have made a stunning tank
you have some of the best softies i have seen-i envy you :lol:
im doing a low tech tanks also :hyper:
cannot wait for more pics

Thanks guys.. enjoyed your tank thread No2 Seffie.. a quick vid..
My pistol shrimp watchman pair doing what they do best... so cute :p
http://youtu.be/GpCPn00yiTY

Lots of vids on there from the tank as it was a tropical and also the marine nano :p
will upload new pics and vids when i get a spare min.

Interesting to read this back ...  :)
Stripped down the 5ft 3 years ago when my grandson was born as i didnt have the time for it anymore. :(   But now hes almost ready for school and no longer a constant drain on my bank balance :) Ive bought another tank :) I have missed it so much i cant tell you... PIcs to follow :)

Wow

Welcome back to the hobby :lol:

Look forward to seeing more pics, whats the plans this time round?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back