Hemichromis Lifalili

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wrightt3

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Three questions:
1: Are they hard to come by? do you think your average LFS would be able to order them in or should i look online?
2: Just to double check, i read on several sites that they only reach 4 inches max. Can anyone confirm this?
3: Do they breed as frequently and easily as the regular jewel cichlid? If so, is it okay to use the fry as feeder fish for my bichir and other big (ish) fish occasionally? I only ask because i may find it difficult to find homes for ALL of the fry...
Thanks for the help guys!

There not that hard to find, most lfs should be able to order them in too but im afraid its illegal to use any fish as a feeder but someone correct me if im wrong

Oh really? I had no idea it was illegal. 

In the US it is not illegal to use fedder fish. I have an LFS that labels one of their tanks as feeder fish. They're mostly tiny goldfish though and they cost pretty cheap I believe it's ten cents each. If you pick them they 19 cents each.

4 inches is about max size but best kept as a pair as in groups the smallest can be killed esp when breeding and gumtree is a good way of selling extra fry

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back