HELP!!!!!!

casual

Reaction score
:crazy: I have a Sea Clear system 2 acrylic tank and filter system. I set it up today. I added sand and water, then plugged it in and....DISASTER!!!! If you aren't familiar with this system,it has small pin holes all along the bottom and one side of the back wall that the filtered water gets returned to the tank from. Since these pin holes are mostly horizontal, and at the 'top' of the sand, it blows all the sand up and piles it up against the front wall, making it look like hell, and making it hard to aquascape or see the fish(when I get some)! I have ordered a big lava rock to go into the tank. Will this rock(by being placed direcly in front of these horizontal holes) help to deflect the water elsewhere, or am I doomed to use regular gravel in this set up :X only? Anyone with any suggestions, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I dont think you should ever use sand with aquariums, it may look nice, but it goes everywhere and chews up the filter. i think u hsould take all the sand out and put in gravel instead, good luck

I would try positioning the rock to disperse the return water. That should work pretty effectively. If you like the sand i say keep it. I think it looks great and is a cinch to clean up.

;) I love the sand, that's why I have it.Thanks for the advice. I really like the lookof sand, if it would chill out and lay flat. I'll let you know if the rock did the trick, thanks!

Hi casual is it blowing out water or air?
If its blowing out air then it could be that the water levels in the back of the tank (the filter) :huh: are to low

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back