Help With My Platy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AmyStardust

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my Platy's has been floating at the top of the tank all morning - yesterday he spent most of the day wedging himself at the bottom of the tank?? :unsure:

Has anyone got any ideas?? I've only had them for just under a week so I'm very new to all this... :blush:

Any input would be great, thanks! :)

hi amy are you still doin water changes ?
if you wana chat ill be back in five hun
regards scot :good:

hi amy are you still doin water changes ?
if you wana chat ill be back in five hun
regards scot :good:

Still doing the water changes - every night... The amonia level was a bit higher yesterday and pH 8...?

I'll log into chat now ;)

do you have any nitirite yet? If so then it shows your tank is on its way. When I first started my cycling with my molly I was always worried about it erratic swimming and was always at the top of the tank looking like it was gasping for air. Although I kept doing my water changes daily (every other was 50% i think). I am now on my 3rd or 4th week and I'm about finished up. My molly always looked relived after a 50% water change so maybe try one and see if it helps.

do you have any nitirite yet? If so then it shows your tank is on its way. When I first started my cycling with my molly I was always worried about it erratic swimming and was always at the top of the tank looking like it was gasping for air. Although I kept doing my water changes daily (every other was 50% i think). I am now on my 3rd or 4th week and I'm about finished up. My molly always looked relived after a 50% water change so maybe try one and see if it helps.

I'm currently doing a 30% water change every evening at the mo - they do always seem more lively after I do that...

I'm not sure about the Nitrite yet - we tested the water last night - the ammonia level was up a bit and the pH level was 8. We did test Nitrite but I can't remeber what it said - I'll test it again now!! ;)

whats the dimensions of your tank? That could help out a bit as well. Also what filter do you use? No nitrite at all seems kinda odd.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back