Help With Feeding Fry?

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
I am feeding the fry "Hikari First Bites." My question is, how do I know the fry are eating this stuff? The powder falls to the bottom of the tank where the fry are, but I cannot tell for the life of me if they are eating it or not?

Also, will the fry eat floating debris like detritus and other stuff within the tank?

I just don't want any of these little guys to die on me!

I also have 3 cories in the same tank that I would like to get rid of. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/312988-3-cories-free-to-good-home/

Thanks guys!

-FHM
 
If you look at tiny fry right after a meal, they will often have a belly the color of the food. Very young fry often will eat the naturally occurring infusoria in an established tank to get some of their nutrients. They will not eat fish waste but may well find microscopic food that is living on it.
 
Well, this tank has been set up for nearly 3 months, so I hope there are some stuff in there that the fry can munch on? There is algae on some rocks and stuff, will the fry pick at that at all?

The color of the food I am feeding is like the same color as them and the substrate, very had to tell if they ate it or not? I hope they are doing fine.

Some other member told me on here that if they are still alive right now, which they are, then they are eating something? The fry are nearly 4 days old, that is 4 days free swimming.

Thanks OM!

-FHM
 
At 4 days after free swimming those guys are definitely eating something. If you have any apple snails, they are a good source of infusoria for new tiny fry to eat.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top