Help With Chiclids

tahneen

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
285
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Prince edward Island, canada
Hi I am hopefully getting a 100 - 200 g aquarium made and was playing around with stocking and was wondering if this would be good for ...... lets just say a 150g tank :rolleyes:
1 jaguar
1 oscar
1 firemouth
1 jack dempsy
3 sengals


and If you think anything else would be good feel free to add or take away options
thanks and I hope too get the tank as soon as possible!!!
I am just waiting for an estimate on the price :rolleyes:
 
I have another question, so do you think for every 50g = $250 so 100g = $500 200g = $1000
so I was also wondering what a good demension would be for 100-150g
no less than 5 feet

I was thinking 6x2x1.5
what is more important height or width?
thanks sooo much
 
Width is more important, I would go for a 6 x 2 x 2.

The cichlids you list are as you know aggressive, you can only try. I would get them all from small and let them grow up together, you have a better chance that way they will get along when older. Be prepared to rehome some though if things dont work out.
 
6 by 2 by 2 spunds good to me. I foyu wnat a really good deal on a tank, look it up in your local classifieds. Great deals. I recently saw a 75 gallon bow front marine tank with fish and everything in it for a little over 200 dollars.
 
well where I live this hobbie isnt well used other than a gold fish bowl for billy
if you know what I mean so a acrilic tank custom made is what those prices are up there but im not too sure on the tanks at my lfs but ill check tonight as I need to get food for my fishies!!!
 
It could work in a 6x2x2 or bigger, but as has already been said, there is a lot of potential for trouble. The Jaguar and Dempsey are easily able to kill your Oscar, Generally you tend to find that Central Americans are much more boisterous than the South Americans. This isn'nt to say it won't work, many people have probably kept the same combination with very little trouble. But a fully grown Jag with a cob on, could wipe out all of the tank if it feels it should. But if you do go ahead, good luck and keep us posted, it will be an awsome tank if it works out.
 
Hi and thanks for responding
my hopes and dreams of owning a jag are almost impossible unless I move or go on a trip to buy a fish
I only have 2 lfs a chain store and a private one
the private store can order me things but they said their supplier has never kept jags or something along those lines
 
hi matey, brutis is fine again,,,,he is a jag which i had in a 150us and he decided around 1.5yrs that he was going to own the tank, so ive got to advise you against oscars with jags,,,but there both equally brilliant fish, i think itd be better either a single or a pair of cichlids then dithers,, :good:
 
ok so I found a good deal on a 135g tanks it is 72x18x24 but im not sure if its 24 wide or high
so I was thinking
1 oscar
6 silver dollars
5 clown loaches
2 sennys
 
hmmmm i had a feeling you would say that!
maby but what would I have to take away
if anything has to be cut off id say the silver dollars
also an albino tiger and normal tiger pair would be cool
especially their fry! :hey:
 
nothing :good:
but id buy 5 juvi oscars, grow them out together and select who ever seems to pair up,,,,strike up a deal with the local fish shop that you can return the rest again :good:
clowns will need to be much bigger mind as they take forever to grow and oscars grow so fricken qiuck
 

Most reactions

Back
Top