FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

centuryan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi,

just been to liverpool for the weekend, friday to sunday morning,
had my cousin look after the fish and cat,
since thursday i have been treating my 3 new clown loaches for whitespot with esha exit,,
thing is i asked my cousin to put drops in and check the fish plus feed them,
i have returned today to find my black skirt tetra has his dorsal fin missing and the area on his back is looking quite bad, also i have 4 columbian tetras and one of those has what looks like a blood blister where his tail meets his body,

i dont know what to do for the best as im treating for the whitespot,
do i stop treating for that and do waterchange then start treating for the damage to the two fish??????

im clueless,
please advise,
lee

I hate to say it but whitespot is difficult to treat with clown loaches, I would suggest you try the emergency fish section, you may get a better response.

Thanks

when treating clowns all you need to do is half the stated measures that match your tank size, do the same on day 4 and agian on day 8 that should sort the whitespot with clowns. their really sensitive to medication in the tank so that why you reduce the amount with an extra application.

with the other fish you may need to add some conditioner to de- stress them since they are ill and use a multi illness medication to treat

i'm sure someone can tell what the best multi product is that you can use, i dont know as ive only ever had to deal with whitespot

Clean your filter in aquarium water and do a good water change hoovering the gravel as the whitespot leave their host and drop into the gravel.
Use carbon to remove the treatment then start treating again as described above.But you need to find the problem from its source have you got a new tank?
I find myxazin works best (half measure for clown loach or they will croak it!)

sorry, not sure i explaind myself properly lol,

the clowns got whitespot a few days after i bought them so i turned temp upto 84, they seem ok with the esha exit im using, still feeding well, very active lol, they are a joy to watch,

i have been away for a couple of days and had my cousin come by and feed and put drops in the tank,
upon my return today however, i noticed 1 of my black skirt tetra was hiding in the corner behind a plant and on closer inspection, the poor sod has had his dorsal fin bitten off and part of his back damaged, ( i personaly think im going to have to ....... him :-( )

have also noticed black marks on 1 of my columbian tetras, 1 on his tail and around his mouth,

i am completely baffled by this as there have been no signs at all of any fighting or anything like it in the past, these fish, bar the loaches have been together for some time now

sorry to waffle onbut id rather make sure i treat these fish the best i can,

my question is,..... do i carry on treating for whitespot, or do a water change, carbon filters and startnew treatment for the damaged fish??????????

sorry for the long post

lee

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back