Help on endlers

Aqua_Princess64

Fishaholic
Reaction score
The other day I was at my lfs and I saw that they had just gotten a few endlers. :D I just wanted to know:
1. Would 2 or 3 endlers go well with 1 molly (I'm working on getting 1 more) and 3 gups?
2. What are their requirements?
3. Do you tell whether their male or female the same way as with guppies and mollies?
4. Is a 10 gallon tank too small for them?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
~Aqua~

Hi endlers are most often sold in pairs so getting 3 may or may not be possible for you?

Requirements are the same as guppies.

Endler males are coloured endler females are completely dull and a lot smaller. IF the females have any colour on them then the fish are likely to have hybridised with guppies at some time previously.

A 10 gallon is perfect for a few endlers.

Lastly I would note a word of caution endlers may well be extinct in the wild, that means the only ones available are the ones which breeders are selling, fortunately being livebearers they are easy to breed, however they will freely interbreed with guppies -the offspring may look cool, but this is could lead to doom for the endlers. Therefore I would not mix guppies and endlers myself.

where i live.... its really hard to find female endlers..... they wont ship females because they dont want people breeding them.... they are pretty new to where i live and often pet stores will sell small female guppies as female endlers......
why do u say it would lead to doom for endlers if you bred them with guppies?
hmmm.... yea i think they look pretty cool but o well
:fish:

ya we cant get female endlers here and males are pretty expensive so i dont keep them that often anyways

but as the others said it would be ok to keep them in a 10 gallon and your molly shouldnt be aggressive towards them

good luck and merry x-mas

Most reactions

Back