Help new babies !t

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You have an endler in there too? Any others? Because that female guppy still looks gravid, she might not be done having fry
Yes one endler that's all. If I put the mammy in seperate bottle for a while would she eat them if she has more to come ?

Attachments

• 20200928_194539.jpg
    20200928_194539.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 38
Need help !have to mind these to babies aswell !wife's away to work!
Try not to stress too much. Even if these ones don't make it, you have a male and a female guppy, there will be more fry for sure.

You might want to consider what you're going to do long term though. With guppies, it's recommended females outnumber the males because males can be sex pests, and if they're constantly chasing a female, she can become exhausted to the point of death. Endlers can interbreed with guppies, and it looks in that photo that the male endler is chasing the female guppy. If that one female is being harassed by the male guppy and the male endler, and also doesn't have much in the way of plants to hide in either, she could be in trouble. So it's worth considering rehoming the female, or adding more females. But more females also means more fry.

No need to fret. If they are guppies you have plenty more to come. This will give you time to get a load of plants in there and if you choose to a breeder net / box. Even if none survive this time you will soon have far more than you can cope with.

Try not to stress too much. Even if these ones don't make it, you have a male and a female guppy, there will be more fry for sure.

You might want to consider what you're going to do long term though. With guppies, it's recommended females outnumber the males because males can be sex pests, and if they're constantly chasing a female, she can become exhausted to the point of death. Endlers can interbreed with guppies, and it looks in that photo that the male endler is chasing the female guppy. If that one female is being harassed by the male guppy and the male endler, and also doesn't have much in the way of plants to hide in either, she could be in trouble. So it's worth considering rehoming the female, or adding more females. But more females also means more fry.
Yes the little endler is chasing her round all evening!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@Brendanpat my first batch I kept in a breeder box, 5 survived in total. The second ones were in tank and I left them there. I've about 4 of them now a month old. I just spotted another 3 new fry in the tank. If they've places to hide they'll be fine. Crush your food and sprinkle it in for them 3 times a day. A small amount only.

@Brendanpat my first batch I kept in a breeder box, 5 survived in total. The second ones were in tank and I left them there. I've about 4 of them now a month old. I just spotted another 3 new fry in the tank. If they've places to hide they'll be fine. Crush your food and sprinkle it in for them 3 times a day. A small amount only.
Ive caught about 15 in here . Theres loads more and still popping out of her !Is this suitable for a while ? Will the water get toxic in there ? I have some stab holes in the bottle . Tips on how to look after them ?

Attachments

• 20200928_213619.jpg
    20200928_213619.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200928_213602.jpg
    20200928_213602.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200928_213557.jpg
    20200928_213557.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200928_213552.jpg
    20200928_213552.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 38
Ive caught about 15 in here . Theres loads more and still popping out of her !Is this suitable for a while ? Will the water get toxic in there ? I have some stab holes in the bottle . Tips on how to look after them ?
These any good or just stick with flakes crumbled up ?

Attachments

• 20200928_214356.jpg
    20200928_214356.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 37

Most reactions

Back