Help Needed Please

Gilli

Gilli
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
England
Could any one very kindly help me out and put their colour chart up for the API freshwater master test kit Nitrate test card? Mine has disappeared and I cant do my weekly test!
 
can you see it?? its the right one.. its the only one i have on the pc,, if not sorry

004-12.jpg
 
Shelagh you are wonderful - thank you! Could you please tell me what the readings are from top to bottom please?
 
Well you are wonderful - consider it official! - thank you very much!

Ok so for the first time my nitrate reading is 0!! it is usually around 20. I have done the test very carefully doing all the appropriate shaking etc and done the test twice to check. tank is mature - been up and running for about 9 months now.

Other readings are

PH 0.7

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

I put a second filter up and running in the tank about a week ago so I can use it in my hospital tank ive just bought if I need it. Would this reading be because of the second filter?
 
UH OH!! something wrong there, nitrate should not be 0.. can you test again? i wouldnt have thought it was b/c of 2nd filter

PH 0.7?? should that not be 7.0??


just to add.. the nitrate test is a tricky one, i often repeat it just to make sure
 
Oops typo - PH should have said 7.6 :good:

Just done the test again and the Nitrate reading is 20! I wasn't shaking the second bottle before adding! Ive done this test 100 times but in my defense ive had a really bad
day! :blush:

Note to self - dont do testing when your naffed off!! :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top