Help needed...again..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The smart plugs can be set to turn on and off at the same times everyday and dont ever need resetting unless you want to change the times. They work off wifi and you can control them if you wanted to even when away from home via an app on a phone or tablet. Also great for controlling regular house lamps . If you have a smart device such as an echo, you can control the lamps with your voice.

here’s an example.. you can order one for $10 or 2 for $18
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1L6311/?tag=ff0d01-20

I have 8 of them... they control lights on 4 fish tanks and 4 lamps around the house. Very convenient. I turn the table lamps on and off via voice using an Echo.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is a GE timer I can even find this one at my grocery store. But it's more like 9.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P76URH8/?tag=ff0d01-20

They will need to be plugged in. I have so few outlets (and all but the safety ones I had put in are 2 prong so I have to use converters on some things) there is always a shortage. My duplex is the same age as me so it's falling apart too.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Any recommendations on brands?

I just bought what I could find at a local hardware store. The digital timers have the bonus of maintaining the time during a power outage provided it does not last beyond a couple of days or whatever, and that I find very helpful as it avoids having to reset my timers with any glitch in the electrical current. They don't keep the lights going, not enough reserve power for that, but when power is restored the lights will be at the correct setting for the time of day/night.

I still use the old dial timers.I set the timer to turn on the tank lights at 10 am and off at 9 pm. The tank is on the northern side of my house so it doesn't receive a lot of sun light during the day. At night I have a lamp that stays on after 9pm that has just enough light to seem like a sunset and goes off at 10pm.

I still use the old dial timers.I set the timer to turn on the tank lights at 10 am and off at 9 pm. The tank is on the northern side of my house so it doesn't receive a lot of sun light during the day. At night I have a lamp that stays on after 9pm that has just enough light to seem like a sunset and goes off at 10pm.

Perfect. I did this very same for many years, only switching to the digital to avoid the power outage problem, but the room light when tank lights go off is very important whatever the timer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back