Help! My hillstream loach has skin peeling-off

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cichlid4life

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i didn't know how to call this, but it seem like my loach has a skin peeling problem or something.

Please help, i have a 16 gallon biocube, and i have two pseudogastromyzon fangi in the tank, one of which has some sort of white stuff on the snout. i will get images and params as i can.

one picture of the loach. (yay the image works!)

Attachments

• IMG-1491.JPG
    IMG-1491.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 217
more images of it...

Attachments

• InkedIMG-1482_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG-1482_LI.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG-1488.JPG
    IMG-1488.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG-1490.JPG
    IMG-1490.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 182
What temperature are you running in the tank?
Saw this happen to some loaches a few yeara ago, I just used melafix and pimafix together and they were better in a week.

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/#post-3804819

You should know the routine by now.
Do a big water change, gravel clean the substrate, clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.
Post water quality results.

Have you added anything new to the tank in the last 2 weeks?

------------------------
The fish might have damaged its nose on a rock or something in the tank. It has red, which normally indicates blood a bacterial infection and the white could be excess mucous.

If you have added new fish in the last couple of weeks, and the water is good and there is no improvement a few hours after a big water change then maybe treat the fish for Columnaris.

What temperature are you running in the tank?
Saw this happen to some loaches a few yeara ago, I just used melafix and pimafix together and they were better in a week.
the temp is at 75°F, but the loach died over night.

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/#post-3804819

You should know the routine by now.
Do a big water change, gravel clean the substrate, clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.
Post water quality results.

Have you added anything new to the tank in the last 2 weeks?

------------------------
The fish might have damaged its nose on a rock or something in the tank. It has red, which normally indicates blood a bacterial infection and the white could be excess mucous.

If you have added new fish in the last couple of weeks, and the water is good and there is no improvement a few hours after a big water change then maybe treat the fish for Columnaris.
i know it was not columnaris, and i did a 40% water change the previous day, i changed the filter out about a week ago, and i have sand that the loaches always sift, and every day my sand is different because they sift a lot of the sand arround. ph is at about 6.8, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, and nitrates are between 1 and 4 ppm (all liquid tests).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back