Help! My cories spawned! What do I do??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So, it should be fine. In theory.

Do people maintain permanent fry tanks by keeping something that won't eat fry or eggs in there all the time? Is that even a thing?

So, it should be fine. In theory.

Do people maintain permanent fry tanks by keeping something that won't eat fry or eggs in there all the time? Is that even a thing?
I’ve kept snails in quarantine tanks to keep some poop in them. I then feed the snails a bit of fish food. :)

I keep ramshorn snails in mine full time lol

Probably going to move one of my sparkling gouramis full time to my 10g juvenile tank too.

I've had nerites and rabbit snails, and they don't do great with soft, acidic water. What else would work?

I can't do conversions. The fry are in a tank which is 29L or 7.6 US g.

Could opt for a bristlenose pleco, provided theyre good with prepared foods. They usually should leave fry alone.

Or otos, provided the tank is planted and established well

A bristlenose in 7.6 gallons? Would it deal with that?

My otos-in-tiny-tank experience wasn't encouraging. The fact that three of them lived to tell the tale is amazing. I'm not doing that again.

A bristlenose in 7.6 gallons? Would it deal with that?

My otos-in-tiny-tank experience wasn't encouraging. The fact that three of them lived to tell the tale is amazing. I'm not doing that again.
Oof yeah sorry misread it was a 7.6 lol I thought it was a 29g my bad.

Yeah then I'd opt for ramshorn snails.

Hey!

So I still have my eight bronze babies, they're five weeks old now, looking good!

Pics are from November 10th:
DSCF5069.JPG
DSCF5138.JPG
DSCF5116.JPG
DSCF5109.JPG
DSCF5097.JPG

I wanna let them out of the box! Really want to see them swimming about in the 12.5 gallon main tank, be able to see them from the side, them have more space to explore and grow. But I'm being a worried mother hen, worrying that they won't be able to find the food, or that the guppy fry will peck at them and stress them out or something, but mainly worrying that they won't find the food. But the tank is pretty well fed because of all the guppy fry, plus sinking cory food, so they'd be fine now they're five weeks old, right?

Would they be okay with the parents at this age, or should I move the parents out first, since they could outcompete them?

@mbsqw1d @NCaquatics please reassure me!

Hey!

So I still have my eight bronze babies, they're five weeks old now, looking good!

Pics are from November 10th:
View attachment 122772View attachment 122773View attachment 122774View attachment 122775View attachment 122776

I wanna let them out of the box! Really want to see them swimming about in the 12.5 gallon main tank, be able to see them from the side, them have more space to explore and grow. But I'm being a worried mother hen, worrying that they won't be able to find the food, or that the guppy fry will peck at them and stress them out or something, but mainly worrying that they won't find the food. But the tank is pretty well fed because of all the guppy fry, plus sinking cory food, so they'd be fine now they're five weeks old, right?

Would they be okay with the parents at this age, or should I move the parents out first, since they could outcompete them?

@mbsqw1d @NCaquatics please reassure me!
I think they'll need adequate cover to hide... :D

Mine have been sharing with cherry barb fry since Day 1. They all do fine together. Have you been feeding them the same foods that you feed the adults? I just started feeding mine a little flake food and shrimp pellets. Gonna leave mine in their own 10G tank longer so they don’t have to compete.

If their only tankmates will be guppy youngsters, they will be just fine.

At 3 weeks old mine usually get moved to my 10g and they share with an adult sparkling gourami and a juvenile sparkling gourami at the moment, no problems.

First of all, is there a twelve step program for MTS?

Secondly, our two remaining fry are hanging in there. We decided to make the wee tank into a permanent aquarium and bought some mini rasboras and hope that improves our numbers when the corys spawn again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back