Help! My cories spawned! What do I do??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've added some sand now, after a week. And i sort of recycle the sand too as I expect there'll be infusoria in the main tank given that i never clean it (the sand that is) :blink:

I've added some sand now, after a week. And i sort of recycle the sand too as I expect there'll be infusoria in the main tank given that i never clean it (the sand that is) :blink:
I'll definitely be using sand from the parent tank too. Bit of a shame my sand is dark though, your babies show up against the light sand, I'll probably never see them again once I add sand :lol:

You have 12 cories in your tank, I doubt you ever need to clean the sand! They're good little aquatic vacuums, aren't they @NCaquatics ! :D

I only rescued 7 new eggs . By the time I got home from work I seen remains of eggs on the glass . my neon tetras were gnawing at them ! No sign of wrigglers yet . Time is running out for the first lot ..
Keeping fingers crossed for the first lot, and for the next seven! Please update as things happen!

Attachments

• 20201015_190651.jpg
    20201015_190651.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 56
Was a tight squeeze but got it on :D
LOL yay! Yeah, I had a heck of a job getting it on too, was thinking it might not work a few times, but I was stubborn! Filled my nails even 'cos I was worried about snagging and laddering the tights.

With the airstone right under the box, the toe shape in the middle at the bottom is forming a round bubble, but the fry seem to like sitting on that, so it's all good :D

Did you make your missus buy the tights, or did you throw them on the counter proudly and not care if the cashier thought they were for you? :lol:

LOL yay! Yeah, I had a heck of a job getting it on too, was thinking it might not work a few times, but I was stubborn! Filled my nails even 'cos I was worried about snagging and laddering the tights.

With the airstone right under the box, the toe shape in the middle at the bottom is forming a round bubble, but the fry seem to like sitting on that, so it's all good :D

Did you make your missus buy the tights, or did you throw them on the counter proudly and not care if the cashier thought they were for you? :lol:
I wouldn't care ,I'd buy them if I had to. But my missus works in a shop so she brought them home for me .. :D I tied a knot in the toe bit an cut the rest off an pushed it into the corner. There sturdier than I thought they'd be !

I'll definitely be using sand from the parent tank too. Bit of a shame my sand is dark though, your babies show up against the light sand, I'll probably never see them again once I add sand :lol:

You have 12 cories in your tank, I doubt you ever need to clean the sand! They're good little aquatic vacuums, aren't they @NCaquatics ! :D
12?? That few????
Lol

Ha yeh no where near enough! Technically 19 at the moment. Need a better source than Maidenhead Aquatics cos they're expensive!

What water changes have you been doing?
Did a water change on the main tank the other day, moved the tubs the fry were in to a different tank that's the same temp, just to keep them safe and warm while I water changed the main tank. Outer tub just sat in that tank though, no water exchanged. Let the main tank settle and mix for an hour or so before changing the water in the frys outer tub (not inside the little pot they were in) and refilled the outer tub with water from the tank.

Now they're in the mesh breeder box, so no water changes needed on that, and tank water parameters are 0/0/5.

Microworm starter culture arrived the other day, so started that up too. The leaflet says you should begin seeing them multiply in 48 hours.

I used to enjoy some porridge now and then in winter, but have a feeling that this is going to put me off for a long time. Turned my stomach a bit!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back