Help Me Stock These Tanks

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
I am hoping to sell all of my current tanks, and just buy one new tank. I have lost interest in fishkeeping as a hobby, so would just like one tank which requires two or three hours of work each week.

Please could you suggest what to stock a 30L tank and a 60L tank with?

I know that the size difference would allow for different types of fish, not just more of the smaller fish.

The fish I have atm don't make a perfect mix, and I don't have enough of one type to make a group. I would like 1-2 small groups in the new tank.



Thanks!
 
Are you trying to decide between a 30 and a 60l for the new tank? 30l is quite restrictive, betta or endlers? 60l would be much better I think :good:
 
I reckon if you don't want to spend as much time maintaining then a species tank would be a great idea.

I'm going to base all my ideas on a 60l tank as waterchange wise let's assume you're doing 20-30% a week (12 - 18l) which is very manageable.

So....
Heavily planted (fake silk or real), 3 Dwarf Puffers

Sand base, lots of large escargot shells, 6 Shell Dweller Cichlids (stick to one species)

Sand base, caves and plants, 3 Apistogramma Cichlids (1m 2f) and a reasonable shoal of small fish eg. 8-10 Ember Tetras

Any Base, any decor, 2 Honey Gouramis (male and female), reasonable shoal of small fish and some corys.

Split the tank into 2 with dividers and have a male betta in each. Plant each side up with real plants and have shrimp and snails in there with the boys.
Eg. 1 Male, 2 Nerite Snails, 10 Cherry Shrimp
 

Most reactions

Back
Top