Help me save my betta!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Man that's a lot of money down the drain... $15 for a bag of it... I need to find a smaller amount somewhere.

Use it up, feed the fish 3 times a day and let them pig out on it. The next time you buy some, divide it up and freeze it as soon as you open it.

Use it up, feed the fish 3 times a day and let them pig out on it. The next time you buy some, divide it up and freeze it as soon as you open it.
Hopefully my mom likes that idea 🤣

Won't it make the pellets get soggy though by freezing and unfreezing?
Also can I freeze it in a ziplock bag or does it have to be a container?

You don't freeze all the new food. You get a container and put a few weeks to a months worth of food in it. The rest of the food gets put in a ziplock bag or something you can squeeze the air out of and seal up airtight. Then put that in another bag and seal it up and put that in a 3rd bag and seal it up. Put it in the freezer and it should be fine.

After you use up the food that isn't in the freezer, take the bag out of the freezer and pour some of the food into a container to use during the next month and put the rest back in the freezer. Make sure it's dry when you open it and seal it up.

You don't freeze all the new food. You get a container and put a few weeks to a months worth of food in it. The rest of the food gets put in a ziplock bag or something you can squeeze the air out of and seal up airtight. Then put that in another bag and seal it up and put that in a 3rd bag and seal it up. Put it in the freezer and it should be fine.

After you use up the food that isn't in the freezer, take the bag out of the freezer and pour some of the food into a container to use during the next month and put the rest back in the freezer. Make sure it's dry when you open it and seal it up.
Ok will do! Thanks!

When was the last time you bought his food, was it December 2020?
How long has the packet of food been open for?

You want to use up the contents of the fish food within one month of opening it. If there is too much food for the fish to eat in one month, take a small amount out and put it in an airtight container and freeze the rest in a couple of ziplock bags.

If you are using old food, it could be stale, have mould or fungus on it, or have no nutritional value left. If the food is more than a couple of months old, I would replace it.

You can get frozen brineshrimp, bloodworms, daphnia and prawn and feed him that. And get a small packet of betta pellets to use as well.
I had bought him new food and he disliked it so I went back to that one. Iook into other foods but let me show you what I had bought him
Screenshot_20220717-223249_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I wouldn't bother adding salt at this stage. I would do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or two. The gravel in post #1 is filthy. If there is lots of gunk in it, that would contribute to him not feeling well.

If he doesn't pick up after a few water changes and gravel cleans, then maybe add some salt, but water changes and gravel cleans first.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back