help me plz

Nauplii

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i swear somethins wrong with my siamese fighting fish..... it now voluntarily swims up to the filter and stays there..........may there be any reason for this...... it looks happy to be stuck rite next to my filter..... but i dont no why(i only got him yesterday)

you have to many fish in your tank i think...

Male green sailfin moliie
Female green sailfin mollie
Female Marble moliie
Male balloon/chocolate sailfin mollie(mix breed)
Silver shark
Red tailed black shark
Ruby shark
Glass fish
Phantom fish

dont you have fry aswell?
its only 10 gal yes?

yh i no.................. but do u no wat could be wrong with it....... my friend has got the same litres tankn same amount of fish and his fighter is doing much better.............. i duno.............ill have to wait and see

maybe...... i put a leaf in the way to stop his fins gettin stuck but it just swam under the leaf to the filter again....... now its restin on the leaf cos it got chased by my shark......................i hope its ok.....should i take the leaf away

Sharks as a rule are too large for your 10gal tank in the numbers that you have. It is also worth noting that sharks can be chasy, either being playful, territorial or just plain nosey. It may be that one (or all) of them is having a little nosey at your fighter and worrying it, may be woth looking in to.

Now if your worried about betta getting stuck you could tie some fine meshed material around it, this poses othe problem of reducing the efficiency of the filter, and also you will to change this as well.............its tricky but its the best ive got :/

Several years ago, I used to have my betta in a 2.5 gallon with a small whisper filter. As he was my first fish and I was just learning, I fed him too much and he developed swim bladder and he got caught in the bottom of my filter. Fortunately I found him fairly quickly and shut down the filter. His fins got pretty torn up which Melafix eventually mended pretty nicely though his tailfin never did totally grow back. I put a divider up until he got over the swim bladder and healed and then I put some sponge at the intake of my filter for precaution sake. As it was a small tank I was not concerned about the filter efficiency. This worked fine. And he lived a long while after this incident.

Not sure that sponge would work for your filter though, especially considering your stock.

Keep an eye on him, maybe he is still settling in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back